Last updated: November 13, 2019
—or any other application, product or service that refers to this Policy (collectively, with the Website, the “Services”). This Policy also explains certain rights and choices you may have regarding your personal information. By using the Services, you consent to the practices described in this Policy, unless further consent is required by applicable law.
Please read this Policy together with any Service-specific or location-specific privacy statements or notices that we may provide. Those statements or notices supplement this Policy, and to the extent they differ from this Policy, the statements or notices shall govern.
Personal Information We Collect
Generally speaking, your “personal information” or “personal data” includes your unique identifiers (for example, your full name, phone number, or email address); and information about your characteristics, conditions or behaviour that is associated with one of your identifiers or could otherwise reasonably be linked to you. “Non-personal information,” on the other hand, is information that has been anonymised, aggregated or de-identified such that it cannot reasonably be linked to an individual.
The personal information that we may collect includes:
Information You Provide
We may receive some or all of the types of information listed below when you open an account with us; fill out a form on the Website; subscribe to one of our newsletters; search, shop for, or purchase one of our electric motorbikes or other products; take a test ride; participate in our referral program; participate in a contest or giveaway; interact with us on social media; or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- full name;
- email address;
- physical address;
- phone number;
- credit card or financial account information;
- social security number (if you participate in our Super Squad Affiliate/Referral Program);
- demographic information;
- content in your comments, posts or communications.
If you decline to provide requested information, we may not be able to provide one or more Services to you, or you may not receive access to certain features of a Service.
Information Automatically Logged
When you visit use one of our Websites, computer servers may automatically log certain information about you or your device, including:
- internet protocol (IP) address
- device ID, operating system, browser type
- web browsing history
- shopping history
- location data
Information Received From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including our service providers; product dealers or distributors; or product repair providers. For example, if you buy one of our products on Amazon.com, Amazon may give us access to basic information, including your name, order details, address and phone number. We may combine such information with information we have collected about you. We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by third parties.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- To verify your identity
- To provide a service to you or perform an agreement with you
- To communicate with you about services you have requested or that we are providing to you
- To communicate with you about other services that we believe may be beneficial to you
- To market our products and services more effectively and personalize our advertising
- To bill for our services
- To process payments for our services
- To complete any other transactions for which the personal information was collected
- To personalize your use of our services
- To secure, maintain and improve our Websites
- To comply with our legal obligations or protect our legal rights
- To fulfill any internal functions that are reasonably aligned with your relationship with us or the context in which you provided the information to us
- For any other purposes to which you have consented
We may use non-personal information for any purpose.
How We Share Personal Information With Others
We do not disclose your personal information to others except as follows:
Corporate parents, affiliates and subsidiaries. We may share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries, and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational and marketing purposes.
Service providers. We may share your information with our third party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, manage databases, perform analyses, conduct surveys, or send communications and newsletters for us. Our agreements with those providers require them to limit their use of such personal information to the uses we have authorized and to comply with applicable laws regarding protection of personal information. The following service providers have asked that we direct you to their privacy policies:
Google. We use Google Ads to re-market to visitors to our Websites elsewhere online. We also use Google Analytics, which helps us evaluate the use of our Websites.
- For information about Google’s privacy practices, please click here: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Mandatory disclosures and legal proceedings. We may have a legal obligation to disclose personal information to government authorities or other third parties pursuant to a valid regulatory request, subpoena, litigation demand or court order. We may also need to disclose and otherwise process your personal information in accordance with applicable law to defend our legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
Mergers, Acquisitions or Reorganization. If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses, this can involve us disclosing personal information to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or to a new affiliate of ours.
Pursuant to your consent. We may share your personal information with others if we have your consent to do so.
Quality And Retention of Personal Information
In order to safeguard personal information against unauthorized access or use, we maintain administrative, physical and technical security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. We regularly assess the performance and adequacy of those procedures and practices and will adjust them when new operations or risks require it. Unfortunately, in our increasingly connected digital world, no one can guarantee perfect data security, and we cannot promise that our procedures and practices will always prevent a breach of personal information. Should we detect such a breach, we will promptly notify affected individuals, third parties and law enforcement agencies as required by applicable law.
We encourage you to help maximize security by applying your own personal security measures. For more information about what you can do to protect your data, please see the tips and resources offered by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity-online-security and the California Attorney General at https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/consumer-privacy-resources.
“Do Not Track” Signals
The web browsers and applications that you use to visit our Websites and Services may provide certain “Do Not Track” capabilities. Generally, browsers that have these features enabled send a signal to websites that inform the site operator that you do not wish for the site to track you online. We do not currently respond to these signals because there is not yet a common understanding of how to process these signals or a consensus on what “tracking” means.
Links to Social Media And Other Third Party Services
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites, products or services. For example, our Websites contain links provided by Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms that you can use to post directly from our Website. Information collected by those third parties is governed by their privacy policies, not ours. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
California residents are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Data Subjects In The EEA, United Kingdom And Switzerland
Data controller and representative
Lawful bases for processing
We may process your personal data for the purposes described above [link to How We Use Personal Information section] if at least one of the following grounds for processing applies:
- Processing is necessary for us to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- Processing fulfills our legitimate interests in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests include: protecting our Services against malicious intrusions and unauthorized use; maintaining and improving our Services; understanding how our Services are used; personalizing our Services; promoting our Services effectively; and complying with legal obligations and protecting our legal rights.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another individual
- You have consented to the processing
Automated decision making
We do not make any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
Your rights under GDPR
The GDPR provides you with the following rights, which you can exercise by contacting our EU representative at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The right to request access to and rectification of your personal information. You may obtain additional information about our processing and a copy of your stored information. You also have the right to request that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request erasure of your personal information. You may request for us to erase your information from our systems if it is no longer necessary for the reason we collected it, or you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists.
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal information. You have the right to restrict our processing if: (1) you disagree with the accuracy of your information; (2) our processing is deemed unlawful and you do not want us to erase your information; or (3) we no longer need your information for the purposes for which we collected it but we must store it to comply with our legal obligations.
- The right to data portability. You may receive and transmit your personal information to another controller where our processing is based on consent you gave us and was carried out by automated means.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information where we process it because of a legitimate interest.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of your member state.
Changes To This Policy
For inquiries relating to our processing of personal information of data subjects in the EEA, United Kingdom or Switzerland, or to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact our representative in the European Union, Ms. Alix Amour, at email@example.com.
16591 Noyes Ave.
Irvine, CA 92606